Monday, May 2, 2011

Juba and Yei--then back home.

So I don't have a whole lot of updates, but I know that some of you faithful blog readers are checking everyday. Out of respect for my fans out there, (sorry, I just always wanted to talk like a celebrity...don't take "fans" in a conceited way), I thought I would keep ya posted on a few things.

I went to Juba to spend a bit of time doing some business related things. While I was there, I had the privilege of buying Paul's first ice cream he has ever eaten. Unfortunately for him we were sharing it from the same family-size bowl, and as some of my friends might know, I eat fast and uncontrollably when I eat ice cream. So I think I scored outta the deal. Oh well. He still enjoyed.

Then after being in Juba, I went to hang out with my Uncle Ken in a place called Yei. He is pretty wicked-awesome. I am a big fan (there I can use "fan" for others too). We hung out in Yei--a place where some people describe as the South Africa of Sudan. It is quite nice there for sure. Then we traveled back to Juba together and he bought me a good meal on the edge of the Nile river. And for the record, I like this Uncle not just because he bought me things. Oh and also for the record, if any of you other Uncles are reading this, I am a big fan of all you too. (BUT, off the record, if you wanna buy me nice meals on the edge of the Nile too, I promise to be a very obedient nephew from this day forward.)

As for life now, I am back in Mundri. I am stoked to be back to be honest. I think that is the coolest thing that I have felt in some ways. I felt like I was home when I made it to Mundri. Pretty cool eh? I have a home in Africa. (Even without ice cream. Go figure.)

Prayer List:
1) Praise for my safe travels. and Uncles. (and aunts, you are great too :)
2) Pray for good leadership to step into power on July 9th (the day when Southern Sudan gets its independence). This is a big one because of how fragile things really are here.
3) Pray for wisdom for Paul and I.

P.S. If you are reading this on May 2nd and you are Canadian...Go vote! (Not that I am one to talk because I didn't, but do it for me because I can't, okay?)

3 comments:

  1. Love the updates :) Glad you got to enjoy some ice cream. I promise I'll take you out for some when you come home! (I'm going to count on you to hold me to it ;))
    Miss ya lots Adam! -Lish

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad it worked out for you and Uncle Ken to meet up! I am jealous about eating by the NIle!
    Love Auntie Miriam

    ReplyDelete
  3. whoa - can you imagine a life growing up without eating ice cream? glad the monkey (from your previous blog) got away. btw, i did vote on may 2.

    auntie jeanie

    ReplyDelete