Tuesday, May 24, 2011

That's all for now.

Yesterday I said goodbye to Mundri--for now. I do hope to be back sometime in the future. The research, assessments, and project proposal developing for the school and a few other ideas that we have started to develop is ongoing so my involvement doesn't stop here. But the field work will be under the very capable hands of Paul. So we are very excited about these things in the future that we are planning. Another program we are slowly developing is HIV people counseling (and other people living with infections). We have brought on a lady to head up this program who is sorta doing this kind of thing for people unofficially. So we want to be able to empower her a bit to develop this. Not completely sure how things will look but God will give her direction. She is totally seeking the Lord in everything so I think it will look sweet. I am going to be fundraising for these things when I get home so if you want to schedule a time to sit down and talk, I would be happy to discuss things. Especially if you want to make donations :) Just kiddin' I wanna just sit and talk too.

Otherwise, now I am Juba. I am mostly excited about the ice cream Paul and I will enjoy again. Then on Friday, I am going to Nairobi where I will meet my cousin Liz and then we will hang out on some beaches of Mombasa for a week and visit some elephants. Or at least be lazy and do nothing. Heck, we deserve a break right? After all of that, I am coming home. And yes I am excited to see you. All of you. It's gonna be rad yo.

I might post more blogs, I might not. Depends, but either way, it's been a splash.

2 comments:

  1. Woohoo! So excited to see you and hang out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's been a splash - this coming from a lifeguard!!!!!! I have to go now and eat a biiiig bowl of ice cream..... safe travels.....fave naybur :)

    ReplyDelete