Monday, April 4, 2011

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

Here are the good, the bad, and the ugly things about being here:


The Good – The stars.

The Bad – Stubbing your toe when you are walking at night and staring at them.

The Ugly – The bruise on my toe.


The Good – Mangos

The Bad – The ridiculous stickiness that you acquire when eating them.

The Ugly – Results of too many mangos.


The Good – Breathing

The Bad – Breathing Dust

The Ugly – Everyone pickin’ their nose to get the dust out (especially me!)


The Good – I have a real toilet.

The Bad – No seat and it only sorta flushes

The Ugly – I will spare you the details given the theme is toilets.


The Good – Eating Chicken

The Bad – Watching them lose their heads.

The Ugly – All of the chickens are funny-lookin’ to me.


The Good – Goats

The Bad – They make the freakiest sounds (similar to a child crying)

The Ugly – Their facial hair looks like mine ;)


The Good – I have a bicylce

The Bad – The brakes are hit and miss.

The Ugly – You have to have a bell on it....wait, that isn’t ugly, that is SO COOL!


The Good – Visitors (like me) are treated super awesome-ly.

The Bad – Apparently it is an honour as a visitor to be fed the liver and intestines as opposed to a nice T-bone steak or something. Ha, TIA.

The Ugly – I think I would go with the intestines again on this one...not super excited to look at it. Eating it is another battle.


The Good – Toyota Landcruisers

The Bad – The roads

The Ugly – Getting vomited on (refer to previous blog post if confused).


Prayer List:

1) We are on the brink of being given two and a half acres. That this will go through successfully.

2) For the children with "Nodding Disease" here. It can be super tough for some children.

3) For continued and further support by other NGOs, agencies, and local leaders here.



1 comment:

  1. I can imagine the ugly for the toilet one, brings back some great mexico beach memories :)

    ReplyDelete