Tuesday, March 8, 2011

The Nile and things.

As said in my last blog, my brother was coming. Now he is here and things are sweet. We have had some good times. The first adventure we took was on Sunday when we caught some “bodas” to the edge of the Nile and went swimming. We chose to go to the area where most the kids were playing (and apparently where people are bathing...hmm). So anyways, we cooled off for a few minutes and then realized that everyone there was filling up there UN donated jugs to get water from the river back to their mud houses. Naturally, Mark and I were put to work. We started a service for a little while of filling up all the locals jugs so they wouldn’t have to wade into the water as deep and carry the water as far. I think we created quite the scene because it didn’t take long before a small crowd formed to observe this sight.

Today we were able to get our registration papers from the Ministry of Legal Affairs which was really cool. We are getting closer and closer to getting to Mundri. Also, this morning we found out there is a guy here named Charles who knows Lexson and said that he would give us his plot of land that he has in Mundri for our projects. That is a huge answer to prayer and it was really encouraging. I don’t know exactly the shape of the land yet but it is still exciting. We are going to be writing introduction letters to the NGO’s here and we are hoping to be able to generate some optimism from organizations that we can work with here.

For those of you who know my eating habits, know that I enjoy ice cream. Actually that is quite the understatement. Everyone before I left asked me, “How are you going to deal with being in Africa without ice cream?” I was sure that it would be next to impossible to find ice cream in the Sudan. Well today, Mark and I found it. I got the largest serving possible of soft serve ice cream. Then Mark needed help finishing his portion. So I gladly obliged.

Anyways, there has been some request for prayer requests on this blog. So I think I will start putting three things that you can be praying for at the end of my blogs. Cool?

1) Smooth sailing as we finish up here with registration in Juba so we can get to Mundri ASAP.
2) Positive response from the NGO’s here to aid us in our projects.
3) Open doors and optimism from the people as we head to Mundri.

Well I hope that gives you an idea of what to pray for and thanks for asking :)

3 comments:

  1. bros always reunite eventually right? good to hear that you're doing alright Adam.

    B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the prayer list . It helps. Praying for you this a.m.

    ReplyDelete
  3. is it soft ice cream like south am?? and so stoked to see what God is already doing!

    T

    ReplyDelete