Wednesday, February 9, 2011

The Beginnings

So I am going to Africa...Sudan to be more specific, Southern Sudan to be more specific to a little region called Mundri. Here is a super brief overview of what I know I am doing...

I am going with a 56 year old Sudanese-Canadian refugee named Lexson to be work at the grassroots stages of an orphanage style project of some kind. Not sure what all this will include but I do know that it will probably entail battles with lions with my bare hands and lassoing a giraffe.

Everyone asks me: "Are you STOKED?!"

In response I would say, "Well if you were going to a place in a continent you have never been to, to where you don't know anyone from your culture, and where we need to pack a generator to have light and electricity for charging things...how would you feel?" Ya I am stoked, nervous, anxious, apprehensive, you name it, I have probably felt it.

During this time when I am away, I plan to blog about every time I have diarrhea, vomit, or have any other cool bodily function that I will have to learn to embrace. So get ready! That is a joke....well mostly :)

But for real, I do plan on telling some stories and random thoughts probably. Feel free to comment and prayers are highly encouraged too. I will miss ya and would appreciate the odd email from you too. Ya, I'm talking about you. I would love to hear about life back home from your side...so find a few min...shout out yo.

Keep it realzies.

6 comments:

  1. if you need a generator for light, does that mean you need feet for transportation? auntie jeanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Done Adam, Your there.

    Your really doing such an amazing thing, and i have so much respect for the good that you are doing.

    Keep me updated on the adventure,
    (Also Sam Said goodbye for you!)

    Keep Smilin,
    -Ryan B

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucy is going to miss you. I could arrange to babysit her. :) Fave naybur

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! What an awesome photo and design for your blog...such artistry, colour, edgy-ness, form, and function. Did you go to an expensive studio and graphic designer to obtain such a fine and unique page?
    Leighann

    ReplyDelete
  5. Naybur of mine, take good care of Lucy! And Leighann, I am the designer...I had to select the template all by myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey it's Keenan dude so jealous keep on fighting love ya
    Ps whats ur email man

    ReplyDelete